This year in Perth we had a record 6 boards represented for our Annual Combined Boards Breakfast.
The Australian Pain Society (APS) Board and Office Bearers were delighted to host representatives from:
- New Zealand Pain Society (NZPS): Immediate Past President Dr Brigitte Gertoberens
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA): Past President and WA Councillor Dr Lindy Roberts
- Faculty of Pain Medicine (FPM): Dean Prof Ted Shipton, Dean-Elect Dr Chris Hayes, board members Dr Mick Vagg and Prof Stephan Schug
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP): Councillor Prof Michael Nicholas
- Painaustralia: CEO Lesley Brydon and Acting General Manager Karina Knight
The now traditional breakfast provides an invaluable opportunity to share ideas and concerns while maintaining open communication between our organisations as we work cooperatively to recognise, prevent and manage pain in Australia and New Zealand.