This award will showcase talented young researchers in Australia in the field of pain. The inaugural award will be part of the 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM). It may be awarded annually subject to application by suitable candidates.
The Rising Star Winner will receive:
- A return airfare;
- Accommodation; and
- Complimentary registration to attend the 2016 Australian Pain Society (APS) 36th ASM, where they will present a plenary talk to showcase their work and ideas.
Applications are now open, for further information and to apply, please go to Rising Star Award.
Applications close: Friday 2 October 2015
- Nominees must hold a PhD, and be within 5 years of conferral by the deadline of this award application.
- Applicants can be working in any field of pain research, including basic science, biomedical, clinical and other applied or cross- disciplinary sciences.
- The selection committee will take into account personal or extenuating circumstances that might provide grounds for consideration if the above eligibility criteria are not met.
- Only individual scientists are eligible (not research teams)
- Applicants must be available to attend the APS ASM 2016, and to deliver the Rising Star presentation
- Applicants must be members of the APS (join here)
- Applicants must hold Australian citizenship or residency, be currently working in Australia and have spent at least two post-doctoral years in Australia, or have returned to continue working in Australia
This award will be based on excellence in pain-related research achievement, demonstrated from the applicant’s record, including:
- Specific research achievements or discoveries
- Research impact/application
- Collaboration achievements – independent of your supervisor
- Publication record (quality and impact of publications; e.g., H-index, standing of journals, citations)
- Grants obtained (as a Chief Investigator)
- Patents held
- Peer recognition: Awards or prizes, national profile, international profile.
To apply for the Rising Star Award please visit the conference website and complete the application form.
Submission deadline is 2 October 2015