The Board of Directors is seeking nominations from all APS members for candidates to be considered for the Distinguished Member Award/s to be presented at the 36th Annual Scientific Meeting to be held in Perth from 13-16 March 2016.
Candidates must be Australian Pain Society member/s who have:
- Made major contribution towards the Society, and
- Significantly contributed to the science of pain management, and/or
- Played a significant clinical, educational or research role in the field of Pain Management in Australia
- A Nomination for Distinguished Member Award form must be completed
- As a guide, it is desirable that nominees have held continuous APS membership for over 10 years
- Nominations must include an 800-900 word biography of the nominee. The Board will not consider incomplete nomination forms.
- Unsuccessful nominations are not automatically put forward in subsequent years.
- The nominator must be prepared to present a brief summary of the Distinguished Member biography in the ASM program, or arrange a suitable alternate for the presentation segment.
- All nominations to be submitted to the APS Secretariat by 31 October 2015.
- The APS Board will notify successful nominees by 31 December 2015.
- Distinguished Member recipients are actively encouraged to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting in order to receive their award in person from the APS President.
Past recipients of the Distinguished Member Award can be found on the APS website.